Are you coming to Space Expo and do you want to discover even more? Book the Space Train to ESA ESTEC and discover the world of European space technology!
A unique insight
Our guide takes you on a trip to ESA ESTEC. On the way you will first pass through ESA security before the adventure can begin. Accompanied by your guide you will get a unique insight into the buildings of ESA ESTEC and the European Space Agency. The tour takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes and you will visit various interesting parts of ESTEC, such as the Erasmus Centre and the E-corridor.
ESTEC is the largest location and the technical heart of ESA. It is therefore very important that the tours are safe. Visitors should adhere to the following safety regulations:
- At the security everyone aged 14 and older is required to show a valid ID (passport, driver's license or ID card). Paper copies or digital scans of ID documents are not valid. If you cannot show a valid ID, you cannot participate in the tour. Refunds or switching to another tour is not possible.
- You must be at least 9 years old to ride the Space Train.
- Children under the age of 18 can only join the Space Train when accompanied by an adult.
- Unfortunately ESA ESTEC does not have any facilities for disabled visitors. There are many stairs along the way and no elevators available.
- During your visit to ESTEC you will wear a visitors badge.
- It is not allowed to take pictures.
- Eating, drinking and smoking is not allowed during the tour.
- You are not allowed to bring any bags on this tour. We have a limited number of lockers in Space Expo where you can safely store your belongings.
- The Space Train departs at the designated departure time. If you are too late, a refund or changing to another tour is not possible.
Book your ticket
A ticket for the Space Train costs 8 euros per person and can only be purchased in combination with a ticket for Space Expo. You can book your tickets online one week in advance. On the day of the ride you can no longer book your tickets online. By buying the tickets you agree to the safety rules and conditions of the Space Train.
The Space Train runs on Saturday, Sunday and during the vacations* also on weekdays at three different times (10:30, 12:30 and 14:30). However, it can happen that ESTEC is not accessible to the public at the last moment due to a space mission. To avoid disappointment, you can therefore order your tickets only one week in advance. As we are guests of ESTEC, they reserve the right to close the terrain for us in case of emergencies. Space Expo has no influence on this.
*During the fall break, the Space Train unfortunately does not run on weekdays.