Tuesday till Sunday:
10:00 - 17:30*
* The last 'Mission in the Museum' starts at 16:00.
During Dutch school holidays and public holidays open Monday till Sunday from 9:30 - 18:00 (The last 'Mission in the Museum' starts at 16:20).
Due to the tightened COVID-19 measures our tickets can only be purchased online.
Pets are not allowed (with the exception of guide dogs).
Children up to 12 years of age only have access to Space Expo under the supervision of an adult.
During the COVID-19 period there is an one-way route. This route is not entirely wheelchair accessible.
During the school holidays we are open seven days a week from 9:30 am to 6pm.
We assume the following school holidays and public holidays
- Christmas Holidays (Saturday December 19, 2020 to Sunday January 3, 2021), with exceptions:
- Thursday December 24, we close at 3:00 PM
- Friday December 25, we are closed.
- Saturday December 26, we are open from 9:30 till 18:00
- Thursday, December 31, we close at 3:00 PM
- Friday January 1, 2021 we are closed.
- Spring break (Open from Saturday February 13 to Sunday February 28, 2021)
- Good Friday (Open on Friday April 2, 2021)
- Easter Weekend (Open on Sunday 4 and Monday 5 April, 2021
- King's Day (Closed on April 27, 2021)
- Liberation Day (Open on Wednesday May 5, 2021)
- May holidays (Open from Saturday 1 to Sunday 9 May, 2021)
- Ascension Day (Open on Thursday May 13, 2021)
- Whitsun Weekend (Open on Sunday May 23 and Monday May 24, 2021)
- Summer holidays (Open from Saturday July 10 to Sunday August 29, 2021)
- Autumn break (Open from Saturday October 16 to Sunday October 31, 2021)
- Saint Nicholas Eve (Open from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Sunday December 5, 2021)
- Christmas Holidays (Open from Saturday December 25 to Sunday 9 January, 2021)
With own transport
From the A44 highway from Amsterdam or The Hague, take the Leiden Transferium / Katwijk / Rijnsburg / Valkenburg exit. Follow the signs to Rijnsburg / Katwijk and you will be on the N206. From the provincial road N206 (from Leiden), take the Katwijk / industrial area ‘t Heen exit. At the bottom of the exit you enter the roundabout. There you take the first exit, turn right towards Katwijk. After 600 m, turn right at the traffic lights onto Biltlaan. Go straight ahead at the roundabout. After 770 m take the exit on your left, you are now on the Keplerlaan. You will find Space Expo directly on your right.
Space Expo has free parking.
With public transportation
Bus number 30 from Leiden CS station in the direction of ESTEC. Space Expo stop, approx. 20 min.
From The Hague
Bus line 385 from The Hague Central Station. Scorpio stop, Katwijk, approx. 40 minutes.
Bus number 90 from The Hague Central Station. Scorpio stop, Katwijk, approx. 1 hour.
Bus line 50 from Haarlem CS station to Lisse, stop De Nachtegaal. Transfer to bus number 90 towards The Hague. stop Scorpio, Katwijk, approx. 1:50 hrs.
In 2020, Space Expo was again voted one of the 70 most child-friendly museums in the Netherlands.
From what age?
Space Expo is fun for young and old. We are often asked at what age our museum is interesting for children. This greatly depends on the child's interest. For small children there is plenty to see and do. They are in an exciting environment, there are many interactive places and almost everything can be touched. The older the children are, the more information they will pick up.
Tip for after your museum visit: The Walk of Space!
Since 2013, work has been ongoing on a ‘Walk of Space’ on the Koningin Wilhelmina Boulevard in Noordwijk. The first flagstone featured the imprint of the astronaut Wubbo Ockels’ boot. 13 flagstones featuring handprints and footprints of famous astronauts have been laid so far. This year, and in coming years, more astronauts will be added. So in Noordwijk you can literally follow in the footsteps of your favorite astronaut. You can see handprints and footprints of the following astronauts:
- Wubbo Ockels
- André Kuipers
- Lodewijk van den Berg
- Ed Mitchell
- Frank de Winne
- Paolo Nespoli
- Alexander Gerst
- Claudie Haigneré
- Dirk Frimout
- Oleg Kononenko
- Samantha Cristoforetti
- Rusty Schweickart
- Walt Cunningham