Discover the secrets of the universe and space travel!
Starting from September 21, 2020, Space Expo will once again receive school classes. We missed you and are now happy to give you SPACE again! Come to Noordwijk with your class and discover the secrets of space and space travel. We have developed a new, safe, fun and educational program especially for you, in collaboration with the Dutch astronaut André Kuipers!
Fun, educational and safe
At Space Expo, students go on a journey of discovery through space and space travel. The program is interactive. This way the world of space travel comes to life even more. Pupils and supervisors are also assured of a safe COVID-19 proof visit.
Program (2.5 hours)
Mission in the Museum (60 minutes)
Dutch astronaut André Kuipers and author Sander Koenen take you on a special virtuel mission at the museum! For 60 minutes, the students follow a COVID-19 proof route along the museum's showpieces. The fascinating stories of André Kuipers, in combination with the curiosity of science journalist Sander Koenen, make for a unique museum visit.
Break (15 minutes)
Between the two parts of the program there is a fifteen-minute break.
Spaceclass: How do you become a good astronaut? (45 - 60 minutes)
In Space Expo's Astronaut Room, students delve deeper into the fascinating world of astronauts. Together with an experienced and enthusiastic guide, they themselves get to work on the most important themes from an astronaut training: working together, doing experiments and living and working on the International Space Station. The Space Class is adjusted according to level.
Astronaut Certificate & Space Academy Sticker (10 - 15 minutes)
Afterwards, all students receive an astronaut diploma with André Kuipers' signature and a Space Academy sticker.
Every Tuesday, Wednesday morning, Thursday and Friday:
Block 1: 9.30 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
Block 2: 12.30 a.m. - 3.00 p.m.
Block 1: 9.30 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
Schoolbookings are not possible during schoolholidays and weekends.
Rates & conditions
- Space Expo has reduced rates for education (these apply to students and their supervisors): the costs are 15 euros per person (including space mission, space lesson, diploma, mission sticker and guide).
- The Museumkaart is not valid for school visits.
- The program is suitable for primary education classes 1 till 3.
- Maximum 60 persons and minimum 20 persons per booking.
- The group is split in two when there are more than 30 persons.
- Schools must book in advance.
- Groups bring sufficient guidance (see below).
- We ask you to be present 10 minutes in advance.
Book on time. Due to the security measures around corona, we can only welcome a limited number of schools. Mail to email@example.com or call us for a reservation or for more information. We would like to know:
- Desired date + time
- Information Contact person
- Which group(s) and age students
- Number of students en supervisors.
The students are received by an enthusiastic and experienced guide. However, the supervisors from the schools remain responsible for the students themselves. We ask schools to bring enough supervisors. We expect at least 4 supervisors (1 teacher + 3 supervisors) per group.