Take our Space Shuttle to ESA ESTEC!
Visitors of Space Expo can enjoy a ride on our Space Shuttle and visit ESTEC, ESA's technical center. ESTEC is the technical heart of ESA and has been based since 1968 in Noordwijk. More than 2.700 employees from dozens of countries work at ESTEC. Here satellites are tested before they are launched.
The excursion is as follows: You leave from Space Expo with the Space Shuttle - via ESA security - to the closed site of ESA ESTEC. During the tour our guides will tell you more about the activities at ESA ESTEC. The guides tell you all about the International Space Station and the scientific experiments the astronauts partake in. Which areas you get to see depends on the current projects and activities of the ESA engineers, so no tour is the same.
Saturday February 15th till Friday February 21st the Space Shuttle tour rides three times a day:
- 11:30 am
- 1:30 pm
- 3:00 pm
Saturday, February 22 through Sunday, March 1st the Space Shuttle tour rides four times a day:
- 10:45 am
- 12:30 pm
- 13:45 pm
- 15:15 pm
Please note: the Space Shuttle does not ride on Friday, February 14th and Friday, February 28th 2020.
After March 1st, the Space Shuttle Excursion takes place during the weekends and (daily during Dutch schoolholidays) at:
- 11:30 am
- 13:30 pm
- 15:00 pm
Costs and tickets
- The tour takes 60-75 minutes and costs € 6,50 per person.
- Places are limited: 26 per tour.
- The Space Shuttle excursion is only possible in combination with a valid Space Expo ticket.
- Unfortunately, booking in advance is not possible, you can buy a ticket on the day itself at the entrance.
- Those who want to join the excursion are advised to be on time. Ticket sales start at 10 a.m.
- Minimum age is 9 years old.
- A valid identification (ID) is mandatory.
- Under 18 years old it is required to bring a adult companion.
- The Space Shuttle excursion is suitable for people without physical restrictions.
- The Space Shuttle excursion cannot be reserved for groups.